Thursday, October 15, 2009

Take that Martha!

So today was pretty gloomy here in good ol' Abilene. Its like a fog has decided to set right in the small town despite what the weather men said about good weather this weekend. But no fear, I went to school, had my one class and then safely returned home out of the chilly air and into the comfort of our lovely home. Since it was a long week, full of midterms and papers, I decided to not get ahead in my work and do something fun. I cooked. Yes, yes, you did hear correctly, cook. Of course I didn't just come up with any old recipe (that could be disastrous) so I stole one from Martha. It's called Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Cookies. They're two chocolate cookies with a cream cheese, pumpkin filling. I must admit, she's quite the cook.

And apparently so am I. Or at least by the looks of it. You know when you make something, and it looks sooo incredibly great that you almost feel badly about eating it?? Yeah. That happened. So although I am yet to taste my beautiful creation, it sure does look pretty darn good. I actually intend on sharing it with a particular friend as well as my parents...from fear they might would kill me in my sleep if I don't. I know for those that are far away this is going to be painful, but I hope that you can appreciate my masterpiece from far away, despite not being able to have a taste. Go COOK!!! If I can, hahahahaha, then youre really an idiot if you can't.

Take That Martha!
I added the decorative Halloween sprinkles myself :) No Big Deal.


3 comments:

  1. i saw those on her website!! they look sooooooooo good. let me know if they are. maybe i'll make em this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is technically baking :) but nicely done! mad props.

    they look yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not as amazing as the Scanlon-McAnulty Guinness Pancakes... but pretty tasty all the same... :)

    ReplyDelete