Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Old and The New

So I finally feel like I'm actually getting a little more connected in this small town U.S.A. (thank you country music)...Last night I went out with some friends/some friends of friends for a coworkers birthday. We hit it up in this good ol' town, and went to one of the nicer restaurants in town. It was so nice to feel like I belonged to a small group of people. Even though I really only knew a few of them.
Its funny how when I look back at my past there are many unintentional repeats that I've seen. For instance, around this time last year, probably a little bit earlier in the school year, I was beginning to make friends at Harding. I was new (just like I am here in Abilene) and did not know anyone but because of my roommate, went to a birthday party with friends and friends of friends. Just an interesting repeat.

(Megan's Birthday dinner 2008)

Anyways, last night was a wonderful time. So even though I miss my friends at Harding so much, I feel like I am finally starting to get adjusted, meet people, make friends and who knows even enjoy Abilene, Texas...

(Lynssi and Lauren's birthday 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment